Our Krew program runs from September through May
Krew meetings begin in the Gym
Krew is an elementary-aged discipleship program for students who are entering 4th grade and 5th grade. Its main focus is to disciple kids in developing their own personal relationship with the Lord. Krew members engage in a 201-301 small group Bible study and scripture memorization. Krew takes 4th grade and 5th graders on a journey to discover spiritual growth and to begin to understand what shape God is molding them into.
Krew members are trained for ministry by participating in:
• Instruction in the Word through the small group bible study.
• Engaging in fellowship and worship together as a group.
• Small group discussion on how to practically live out the truth of God’s Word.
• Exciting games and special activities designed to grow them together as a team.
In addition to that, Krew members who show excellence in service and attendance are eligible to become a member of the team that leads Kids Club (meets each Sunday during the 10:30 service).
“Kids Club Krew” members prepare for Sunday morning ministry leadership responsibilities during our Wednesday Krew meetings. Those opportunities for ministry include:
• Leading singing during worship including special songs.
• Helping to run the audio and visual elements of worship.
• Helping direct children to buckets of presents during the birthday portion of Kids Club.
• Giving weekly announcements.
• Updating the Club on the missionaries and their kids that we have adopted as well as collecting an offering that goes to support missionary kids.
• Leading the game portion of the Children’s service.
• Assisting each Sunday morning by serving as examples and encouragers to the younger kids in Kids Club.
Our children are involved in Mission Opportunities each summer as part of serving in Kids Club Krew. Whether it’s in our community or an intercity location there are opportunities for our children to experience Missions first hand. Our desire is to teach our children to have a heart and a passion for Missions and see kids grow up to serve in Missions.
We understand that not everyone is able to commit to bringing their child on Sunday mornings, it’s ok. Your child will still have lots of fun in Krew on Wednesdays!
For more information about Kids Club Krew please contact our children’s Pastor, Jason Bowden.